PMWeb Version 5.0, released in November 2016, was a major software release - transitioning the leading enterprise-level project management software for the construction industry to new prominence - the world's most robust and user-friendly project management platform.
Capital project owners, facility managers, program and construction managers and contractors in industries such as Aviation/Ports, Construction/Design, Education, Energy/Resources, Government, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Retail/Commercial, among others, will all benefit from the system wide improvements in Version 5.0. In fact, the feedback and requests from PMWeb’s broad global client base were a key driver in the development plan for Version 5.0.
The release of PMWeb Version 5.0 stays true to the company’s on-going pledge to continually innovate as technological leaders in the industry. The editors of Constructech – one of the industry’s most respected publications - agree. “PMWeb not only knows what the construction industry needs, but also delivers a comprehensive, integrated solution. With a focus on client services and R&D, the company is a good one to do business with.”
The client-driven enhancements for PMWeb Version 5.0 include:
- New Layout and Architecture: PMWeb’s Version 5.0 release features a brand-new look and feel. All controls throughout the program were upgraded to be lighter on the page, resulting in faster load and save times. Additionally, the icon set was refreshed and a new “Metro” skin added.
- Reinvented Scheduling: The Scheduling Module was reinvented from the ground up in Version 5. The interface was overhauled and spruced up and many new features were added that make the Scheduling Module much more powerful and easier to use.
- Advanced Multi-Currency: PMWeb has long had multi-currency by project but now that powerful capability has been expanded down to the line item level. As of Version 5.0, users now have the option of using multiple currencies among the lines of a single record. For example, a Purchase Order can now include two lines in US Dollars, three lines in Euros, and five more lines in Yuan.
- BIM Revit® Add-in: PMWeb can now integrate directly with BIM models using the Revit® add-in. This is used to automatically create PMWeb records from the BIM model, including assets (like floors, spaces, and equipment records) as well as other records such as RFIs, Submittals, and Work Orders. The optional BIM Module in the PMWeb Toolbox lets users track BIM models using new Model Manager records and generate PMWeb Asset records based on COBie data.
- PBS and Project Explorer: A new field, “PBS”, has been added to Programs, Projects and Initiatives and a PBS page has been added to the Portfolio module. The PBS field provides an additional piece of metadata to graphically categorize projects. Use the PBS to create an unlimited user-defined tree structure, then drag and drop your projects onto any node on the tree to classify them.
- New Collaboration Tools: A new tab, “Collaborate”, is available to display in most record types throughout PMWeb. With this tab, users can invite others to review and contribute to records on the fly. Collaborators can edit the record if granted permission and add notes, attachments and comments. Collaboration actions are logged and time and date stamped by user to automatically create detailed “conversations”.
- Multi-Project Records: In the cost management module, Budget Requests and Journal Entries can now be made as multi-project records. Each line in these records can be assigned to a different project.
- Revised Value: In Commitments, the Revised Quantity feature that PMWeb has had for several versions has been expanded to Revised Value. Now, throughout the change process for a Commitment, if you link to a Commitment line you have the option of adjusting not only the quantity but also the total currency amount. The revised quantity or the revised currency value can then be blended into Progress Invoice lines to make billing easier and clearer for all parties.
- Enhanced Scoring: The scoring features have been greatly enhanced for Version 5.0. For every Scoring question, you can now define the data type of the answer.